Home Chat General Chat

TT saddle

Looking at changing my saddle for an ironman next year but I have no idea as what one to get. I have done a couple of half distances but only just manged it with my present saddle.
I'm looking for something that will give me comfort for the long cycles ahead.
Any advice would be great please.

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I like bontragers equipment. all of my bikes are kitted out in bontrager compontents so have a look at them.

Much of this could be trial and error and may be worth popping into the LBS as they may lend you a saddle to try and see if you get on with it.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    As above from S11, no 'magic' saddle. I had a Fizic Arione Tri2 which gave me 'numb bits' after the Outlaw; switched to a Selle Sempe Hybrid which solved the 'numb bits' problem. All depends on your bum really as to what suits best.
  • cw_74cw_74 Posts: 11
    I've got an ISM Adamo and cannot praise it enough

Even did the wiggle dragon ride last year with it on my tri bike and after 8 hours I hardly had any saddle soreness or pain. Awesome saddle
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    the sensible answer is the one that fits you properly.

the triathlete's answer is the expensive one in black and red carbon that makes your balls go numb and risks long term knob-knack.

now off to chain reaction with you to find a bargain £300 old-fella-breaker (it was £450, and you can always adopt...)
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Everybody I know who has an ISM Adamo can't praise it highly enough.
    Me? I have a super uncomfortable saddle, but I don't go far
  • jcs356jcs356 Posts: 37
    As previously stated, what one person rates might cause another one agony. So best see if you can try some out. I've always used Selle Italia saddles from the Flite in the early 1990's. I have an SLR T1 on my tri bike and Flites (in both new and old shape) on all the rest.
  • move up forum