Home Chat General Chat

11 Best Tri Clubs...?

Hi All

I'm just curious if anyone knows how the 11 Best Tri clubs were chosen for the Home page of the website? anyone from the mag on here that would know?

I'm sure they are all great clubs, but there's one on there in particular that's a new club and has 20 members.. That's great for them as a way of getting new members in and some exposure, but isn't reflective of the BEST clubs out there. There are lots of well deserving clubs that have been going for years with a strong membership that (IMO) could do with a pat on the back and a mention as one of the best clubs.. Ho Hum

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I wondered that as well....espec since bcttt were never featured..
  • It must also reflect we don't do triathlon 'up North' nor in Scotland and Ireland.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Yeah there are some ace tri clubs oop north....I actually wondered also the same with the O/W swim sessions - Scotland has loads of areas for O/W but never seem to feature.
  • Hi Gavin
    '11 of the Best' is an advertisement feature put together by the sales team at 220 and various tri clubs.

As it's an advertorial, it doesn't necessarily reflect the views of the editorial team here (who didn't contribute to the advert).

A more comprehensive list can be found here, though... http://www.220triathlon.com/clubs

Cheers, Matt (220)
  • gavinpgavinp Posts: 168
    Thanks for clearing that up Matt

It's a shame that nobody has given your sales team a slap on the wrist then, as the strapline will be misleading to all especially a potential newbie coming into the sport - and I've been involved in Tri for a number of years now and ended up commenting here. Maybe it should be '11 Tri Clubs that have paid to advertise'...? no?

I'll ge me coat...
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    One might say,that if thet need to advertise can they be really that good?