Home Chat General Chat

Compression - what's your brand choice ?

So - been wondering ( sad I know) what you lot buy in terms of compression ?

I've tried skins, 2XU and now compressport and I have to say CS kick the others into next week.

What about you guys ?

Comments

• CS is great and also the customer service is fantatsic. Had an issue and they have repalced them for me. Perfect.
  • I've got a mixture, 2XU leggings, skins top, adidas top and a nike top.

The nike top is the best for comfort, i find the sticking on the Skins annoying and itchy after a while. The adidas top is a hyper cool one so I'm hoping it'll come in to its own it summer.

I'm keen to try some CS calves though
  • If only here was a tri club that got a 25% discount of Compressport gear......

seriously though - I am a convert... its superbly well made. the socks are simply the most comfortable things on the world and the calf guards and thigh guards are staggering.
  • I'm probably a tad biased, but their gear is the absolute nuts.
    I had a bad achilles problem that actually stopped me running, so tried the US calfguards - problem has been alleviated!
    I'm never gonna be a fast runner, but at least I can run again - and have merrily completed a HIM with their help
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Ive got skins, 2XU and compressport and Im well pleased with all.

I was recently put on to Red Venom by a friend and I think they are as good as other brands but loads cheaper.
    Ive got nothing at all to do with the company other than being a very satisfied customer

http://www.redvenom.co.uk/
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Got both CS and 2xu and whilst the compression on CS kicks 2XU into pieces, I am diassapointed with the quality of the logo'ing on both. The CS logos lasted one wash and the 2xu started pealing away after one go.

For what you pay for these, I do think the overall quality of logo's could be better. After all tri is all about the look..
  • Don't wash em

Or cold wash
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    was cold washed...
  • kirkbykirkby Posts: 17
    Sorry not an answer to the original question but could anyone tell me if compression gear is any good for short distance, i.e. 5 - 10k runs?
  • I've got a bit of a selection myself...

Some Orca compression socks which I tend to use when running, they do the job pretty well.
    Skins leggings which were great until I washed them and they've seemed quite as tight since
    CS are the mutt's nuts though. I've got the socks, Quad and calf guards as well as the full leggings and they are by far the best I've used.

I haven't used the calf or quad guards for any races yet but fully intend to when I eventually make the move up to the longer distances (only do Olys atm)
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    No option for "other", Ben?

I use 1000 mile. Sometimes. They don't seem to help in competition, but I do wear them for recovery.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    CS is the mutts nuts! and im not just saying that cos of sponsors rights etc

I agree with Shadow about the logo'ing but I couldnt care less personally as they still do what they should do after 12months of wearing them for approx 6-10 sessions a week!

I have their Calf guards, For-Quads and Full Legs, once they have the colour socks I want in stock ill be asking for some full socks and the ankle socks too!!!

KIRKBY - They are excellent for 5-10km races.... I always had sore calfs after track sessions but after wearing these for them I had no pain what so ever!

They are great to wear under your wetsuit so you dont have to wrestle them on in transition too...
  • kirkbykirkby Posts: 17
    Thanks for the info. Compressport looks to be the winner so I'll put it on the christmas list.
  • I was recently put on to Red Venom by a friend and I think they are as good as other brands but loads cheaper. Ive got nothing at all to do with the company other than being a very satisfied customer.

Workout San Diego
  • No option for "other", Ben?
    Sadly when you create a poll it only gives you 5 options which is a shame.

I've also heard red venom is meant to be pretty good and is cheap cheap cheap.
  • Hi!....I have 2xu full length compression tights and Red Venom, the 2xu are slightly better and look and feel as though they will last longer! Although I agree with previous posts concerning the logo's....for the money spent on the gear the logo's should stay put!

I also have CS R2 calf guards and Red Venom graduated Compression socks, both are excelent but for me the Red Venom Socks work better due to the graduated compression around the achilies, I use the guards and socks for training/competeing and the tights for recovery.