Home Chat General Chat

GPS watches

Ok all...which would be the best for me???
Female, only has a HR watch but fancies downloading distances etc onto computer. Not into training too seriously as 40-45yr old age group with 2 active kids to ferry around! I do what I can. Swim OW too.

Not too expensive as very limited funds, however realise they are not cheap! Best products in your opinions please...

Comments

• jcs356jcs356 Posts: 37
    If you're interested, a female friend of mine will shortly be selling her Garmin 110 Womans (light grey with pink stripe) watch with HRM. She's just upgraded to a 410.

It was new this year and still has the box etc. etc. It's a shame it's the woman's model otherwise I'd have bought it off her myself!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Theres a difference? Womens/mens? Who cares?
    Anyhoo, garmin 310xt if you want to O/W swim with...ebay, got one for £150 only last month, 405 if you are not so fussed about the swimming bit as it is not waterproof at all. not sure of prices but since 310 & 910 latest version anyway prices have dropped. Both give HR, speed, pace, can set zones, pacers, alarms for distance, HR etc etc. Great pieces of kit & loads of info thru garmin connect. Works with mac & windows...some other makes do not.
  • I still love the old Garmin Forerunners, some of the best kit I've ever bought early on (Im a notorious luddite). Pretty sure you can pick them up on ebay for next to nothing these days.
  • Thanks for the replies...May be interested in the Ladies 110 if not too expensive..please pm me!
  • No problem, let us know how you get on with it and how much you manage to pick it up for.
  • PLEASE AVOID GARMIN 405!!!
    had one of these for a while, battery was never great in it, it was said to have 8 hrs charge but never did,
    and now it won't hold a charge at all,
    it was regularly used, but not extreme amounts,

contacted garmin recently about replacing the battery, £78
    they are not user changable, and have to be done by garmin,
    after checking this out on a number of forums this is a common problem,
    lesson..... check battery price, life & warranty before you buy
  • Avoid 405..ok...one less to look at!!
    I have just started looking at reviews & You Tube vids etc...theres tons of Garmins!!
    I like the look of the 610 but very expensive.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    S'funny, but IMHO Garmins service leaves a lot to be desired, my 405 failed at the mode button 18months after purchase & not a massive (1 or 2 times weekly, not all weeks) amount of use. I was given very short shrift, recon unit for £65 was it. Exchanged several letters, no budging them.
    My latest Garmin came via E bay as I refuse to give them more of my cash.
  • jcs356jcs356 Posts: 37
    Sorry for the delay in replying, my friend had already sold the 110.
  • Just bought a new 610 off Ebay. New one with HRM. Should arrive tomorrow. Looks very complicated in YouTube videos! But was a bargain (I hope)