Home Chat General Chat

should I run tomorrow?

Its probably a bit late to post thi, but Ive had a flu type bug for the last three days. Still a bit chesty and runny nose. I have a 10k race tomorrow and was told not to run as Id make matters worse.Anyone got any views on this?

Comments

• So ...... did you run??????
  • tomroomtomroom Posts: 33
    If it's not too late - dont run! Case of heart ruling head if you do, what is there to gain by having a crap race because you're ill and possibly making yourself more ill? Always tough to pull out because it's contrary to everything triathletes believe but in this case I think it's the right thing to do.

Tom

• Hope you didn't run dude/
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    [:@]Aaaargh....I never thought Id be embarrased[&o] to say it but I did the 10k with tomrooms words ringing in my ears. I went through to Elgin to watch, but tookmy gear just in case[;)], It was such a nice sunny day and I began to feel like a whimp, while everyone was registering soooo....ho hum[8|] I did it. Thanks for advice and I know i will have myself to blame.

ps do I get a prize for using all those smileys[;)]

• tomroomtomroom Posts: 33
    Don't beat yourself up too much, I've raced many times when I shouldn't. Just got to always keep the big picture in mind, some 10k isn't what you train for, it's all about staying as consistant as you can for your triathlons. Hope it went ok and you're feeling well.

Tom
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Feeling fine at the minute Tom, thanks. Did it in a respectable 42:15 (well, respectable for me!) Yyou know how it goes though, Im sure it will catch up on me. I dont get a lot of time for consistant training so I use things like 10ks as a training tool. Open water swims are another problem up here. Cant wait to get some as its all pool tris Ive done.

terry.