Home Chat General Chat

My first tri shoes.

I'm gearing up for triathlon and need some new road bike shoes so i thought I might as well go for some tri specific ones, the Shimano TR31's have caught y eye both for style and price, what tri shoes would you suggest checking out for a similar price?

Comments

• Hi, I have the TR31's.....A good shoe!......an alternative is Wiggles own brand Tri shoe which has had good reviews and is about £25-£30 cheaper!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I got a pair of Diadora shoes from ebay for under £30, not the carbon ones but very nice, snug fit
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=36364

Keep a look out you can pick up some bargains but I have heard the Wiggle DHBs are OK
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-tri-road-cycling-shoes/
  • What on earth is this forum coming too!!!

Listen - don't buy those shoes. Buy carbon , find the most expensive ones you can afford then add 50% more to the cost. That's how you determine what shoes to get.

So I'll re cap

1) expensive

2) carbon soled

3) make sure they fit

It's that simple .
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Yes you are quite right

Correction to my post ... you should buy these

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... hlon_Shoes
  • Yes

Perfect for you first pair

You have redeemed yourself quite spectacularly there mate
  • AvoneerAvoneer Posts: 174
    Hi,

I have the DHB ones (selling soon wink wink - size 44 - 9.5).

They are a great starter shoe and can be worn barefoot as well.

Bit stiff around the collar and if you have narrow feet, the strap has to be done up tight and as it pulls to the inside, can catch on the pedal cranks.

Other than that - best to try different brands on if you can in a shop (then cheekily find them cheap on-line).

Pat...
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I had the shimano TR31 - lasted one season before being binned.

Found they flexed too much under the strain. Although as a beginner and entry level shoe you won't notice this until you become more stronger on the bike.

If you can afford go for the carbon soled shoes - they are incredibly stiff and transfer the power extremely welll
  • Another contender for me would be the Bontrager RXL Hilo, they seem pretty good once you get over the bright silver!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    much to learn padawan.

Its all about the look...... just so happens those bad boys are what I race in now
  • I opted for the Bontragers in the end, I should be picking them up later today.
  • Along with some new red Look Keo cleats to give my knee (the reason I am moving from BMX) a bit more chance.
  • LOL, I have the DHB R1 cycling shoes (3 straps instead of 1 etc) and they've been fine for me. These were my first proper shoes so I've got nothing to compare them to of course.
  • JacobbJacobb Posts: 1
    Nike Tri Shoes, Carbon Sole is my first tri shoes and i really love it and now i am going to buy a new one.