Home Chat General Chat

Songs to cross the finish line to?

Our first event of the year, the Good Fri Tri is taking place in April. It's a very popular event with first - time triathletes, and we are looking to compile a motivational CD to be played as competitors approach the finish. Can you suggest any good songs that help to motivate you??

Hannah,
Try Tri Events

Comments

• Great post & a great idea

For me - a recent tune that REALLY gets me going

Rizzlekicks - down with the trumpets

Don't care for the video but when I'm running for some reason this chorus really motivates me
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=8ip8OsExLJs
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Beethovens' Ninth----Ode to Joy.
  • jonnnijonnni Posts: 32
    One day like this by Elbow - everytime - unfortunately no Ipods allowed so have to sing it to myself.......often forget and end up singing it out loud!
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

Oh yes

And The Vaccines - Norgaard
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Right here, right now - Fatboy Slim, first minute is ideal pre-start remainder good tempo, various mixes that are at the full on pace. What surprised that an old fart has heard of something since the Beatles?
    Something good - Utah Saints; be good if the blond girl from the vid is dancing at the finish line
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Aqua - Barbie Girl
  • LMFAO..........I'm sexy and I know it!

Hahaaa!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Bach did a few jolly numbers with his Brandenburg concertos,and his Toccato in D minor is most memorable,
    Holsts' Mars from the planet suite would be a good one to set the tone
    Although Barkers Adaggio for strings will send the odd shiver down the spine( I believe there is a more modern version).

But it would seem that from the previous answers that some of these youngsters who partake in this triathlon activity seem to think that ''Popular Music'' will be better,so could one suggest
    Van Halens' Jump or
    Def Leppards' Animal
  • Thanks very much, hopefully some of these will feature at our event!
  • Meat Loaf...Bat Out of Hell
    Matt Cardle ...Run for Your Life (has a running beat to it)
    Jupiter - Gustav Holst, rather triumphant
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Eye of the tiger - Survivor

The rocky theme.

Basement Jacks - Block rocking beat

Night crwlers - Push the feeling on

Fat boy slim - Burn my baby
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Mr Blobby....
  • nina simone - im feeling good
    jesus jones - right here right now
    O fortuna (Carmina Burana cantata) Carl Orff
    Highway to Hell, AC/DC
    Something Good, Utah Saints
    Everyone's a winner, Hot Chocolate
    Shiva's Rock n Roll dub, Arling and Cameron
    I would walk 500 miles, the Proclaimers
    Step it up, Stereo MCs

Cat is sleeping on my lap, so can't move for the next hour! Something to do to while away the time
  • Crossing the finish line is a triumphant moment, much like the climax of a song. Choose tracks with energetic beats and motivating lyrics. Just as musicians curate playlists, platforms like Spotify offer a variety of songs for different occasions. Utilize a Spotify promotion service to enhance your playlist, ensuring your selection resonates with the victorious feeling of accomplishment as you conquer that finish line.