Home Chat General Chat

Poo problem

Swim fine. Cycle fine. Run.... OMG why do I always need to go to the loo?
OK I eat fibre - its recommended that you eat fibre, but this is seriously getting me down now, whenever I start running I am almost doubled up (and have to slow down) as I need to poo.
I have tried the obvious - go for a poo before the event or the run but I never seem to be able to go 'on demand'.
Does anyone have any suggestions on this less than savoury topic?

Is there any method known that I can 'evacuate' my bowels before a run/event?

Any suggestions (sensible ones) would be greatful .

Comments

• jcs356jcs356 Posts: 37
    I have had similar troubles in the past. I take a pre-emptive anti-diarrhoea tablet - Loperamide (aka Diocalm etc. etc.) - before any big races and seems to do the trick. I just take a half dose (normally 1 tablet rather than the 2 recommended if you actually have diarrhoea).

I only do it for racing and as a result sometimes still get a bad stomach when out running and have to dash back to the toilet.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Anal Devestation....

Its the fear... the deep lurking fear that causes it...its sitting on your sholder during a race and its telling you to shit yourself.....
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Keep a food diary,so you may be able to isolate what foods are most lethal.

avoid fibre,
    avoid high fat,
    avoid caffeinne,try peppermint tea instead.

Try Andrews to settle the stomach(one teaspoon),or tread dangerously and treble the dose and evacuate the bowels before the race(would not really advocate the use of this though).
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Have a read of this
    http://www.poo-online.co.uk/encyc/exercis ... rrhoea-391

there corrected that for ya... no need to say thanks
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Yes I didn't make the connection with PP Online and Poo Online
  • salt water works a treat for me - or noon capsules if you are too posh to push (or is that another subject?).

failing that - as soon as you think you need to - do it - or it will keep playing on your mind (and your tummy!). Remember Paula at London - it still makes me laugh that some people think that was a wee!