Home Chat Race Chat

Artemis Great Kindrochit Quadrathlon

Scotland’s toughest one day sporting event is recruiting any individuals or teams who are up for a fitness challenge of a lifetime.The Artemis Great Kindrochit Quadrathlon will take place on Saturday 14 July 2007 around the stunning scenery of Loch Tay in Scotland. The event involves a 1.5K (0.8 mile) swim across the Loch, 24K (15 mile) walk (or run) over 7 munros, 11K (7 mile) Kayak and finally a 54K (34 mile) cycle around the entire loch.

The Quadrathlon can be entered either in teams of two - where both team members complete all four sections of the race, or in groups of up to eight people where the team can compete in a relay. Each participant will need to raise £350 in sponsorship and registration for the event is £180 which provides camping facilities on 13 and 14 July, refreshments throughout the day, Kayak hire, a massage after the race, a large party on Saturday evening and a full day of activities on Sunday 15 July from clay pigeon shooting and archery to water sports.

The event has a target of £150,000 to raise for its partner charity, Mercy Corps, an international development organisation, which will fund a groundbreaking tuberculosis (TB) project in Pakistan. Over three years this extensive programme will identify and treat 34,000 individuals and will indirectly benefit a further 6.3 million people.

For detailed information about the event visit [color=#800080]www.artemisgreatkindrochit.com[/color]

Comments

• I would just like to add my comments to this posting. I did this event last year and had an amazing time. The scenery is unlike any other event you will ever do, swimming across a loch, running up and down mountains....Its amazing. Plus the kayaking gives it an added edge! I would highly reccomend this to anyone out there, as its an event well worth taking part in- DO it!!!