Home Chat General Chat

Anyone doing IMUK

Not been on the forums for a while. Wondered if anyone was doing ironman in Bolton?? Or has everyone boycotted it!?!
When I did it in 2010 there was loads of posts floating around. ....a real buzz!

How's everyone's training going? Can't be as bad as my preparations. Just got over a really bad chest and throat infection and haven't trained properly for nearly 3 weeks now. Just hoping my winter base miles and dedication can help me pick up the pace again with only 12 weeks to go???!!!

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Hi
    Yes been really quite on this forum, most have skipped over to the 'other one'. Not doing IMUK but know what you mean about chest infection, trying to shake one off from the last 5wks. There is a nasty lurg doing the rounds which is very persistent and I raced a week ago whilst bringing up green chunks, eventually went to GP and now on anti-bios.

So if you still have the lurg then it will take ages to clear and you will prob get reinfected from work etc so you may want to get off to your GP. If you continue to train/race you will just drive the infection further into your lungs.

Good luck
  • Ga3Ga3 Posts: 14
    I'm doing it, training going pretty good, even managed to get a weeks training in Lanzarote.

Went over to drive round the bike course last week.......need to include more hills in my training i think! Depending on the weather this weekend I'm going over again to bike it.

Luckily i've not had any illness so far in my training, fingers crossed it stays like that.

Hope you improve quickly, no worse feeling than missing training for a prolonged period.
  • Well 2 rounds of anti bio and 3 weeks off training and the lurg has gone!!! Taking this week to get back in to the swing if training! Sounds odd, but it's amazing how your body sort of forgets what it's doing? Did a 10k run and felt sooo awkward, and then cycling to work I realised that my glutes have been totally switched off during my forced R and R.

So I've got 12 weeks to fire it back up and PB in Bolton...only question is. Is there enough time?!?!

Just out of interest what is the 'other' forum and why have so many jumped ship?
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    firefightergaz wrote:

Just out of interest what is the 'other' forum and why have so many jumped ship?
    www.bcttt.com
    I think it's a spam issue - this forum is inundated by it and the hard working moderators sometimes can be overwhelmed by it.
    Which is a shame, as the 220 forum is where I found my first triathlon information!
    Still check in every once in a while to see if things have improved though.

Good luck for IMUK and hope you properly shake the lurgy.
    I've just got it myself and am on day 9 of not training slowly going mental.
    Swashbuckler HIM next weekend and IM Regensburg in 6 weeks
  • Well I kicked the lurg, and to be fair felt good for the 'imposed' rest period....did the Fred whitton on Sunday in 9:40 so all seems good on the bike front!!!

Good luck in regensberg...fast course!!!
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    firefightergaz wrote:
    Well I kicked the lurg, and to be fair felt good for the 'imposed' rest period....did the Fred whitton on Sunday in 9:40 so all seems good on the bike front!!!

Good luck in regensberg...fast course!!!
    Yup - the course is fast......me..... not so much!
    Glad u kicked the lurgy. And well done on doing the Whitton!
    Still working on mine, but didn't stop me finishing Swashbuckler on Sunday