Home Chat General Chat

I may be in love...

I've been looking into getting a bike for a while now, something I can race on and something I can commute on, and I'm entirely new to the world of road bikes having spent alot of time terrorizing the streets of Cardiff on a mountain bike as a student.

So I ended up in Evans at Canary Wharf, where they put me on a Cannondale CAAD-5 105 to try it for size. It fitted, and off I went for a wee spin.

Fist me it's quick! And much more stable and responsive than I'd expected.

Shame it's about twice as much as I wanted to spend. Then there's the "I COULD afford it..." train of thought.

OH NO!

Comments

• TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    try a bianchi via nirone, dawes discovery 5+ or a flat bar road bike or cylocross bike even
  • you go and buy the bike, you deserve it! Dont let any wife or partner put you off! The guilt will dissappear when you are hurtling about with a cannondale between your legs![:)]
  • ILMAKRILMAKR Posts: 20
    middleofthepack wrote:

you go and buy the bike, you deserve it! Dont let any wife or partner put you off! The guilt will dissappear when you are hurtling about with a cannondale between your legs![:)]

You're a bad, bad man! I've been distracted by the Felt F85 in the Up And Running Olympic Tri pack... I could end up so very much back in debt soon, and so soon after clearing my overdraft...

Still, it's interrest free, so it'd seem rude NOT to use it, wouldn't it?

• TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!.Nasty.Geting into debt over a felt f85.No thanks.Debt over a Felt F1 carbon.Yes please
  • ILMAKRILMAKR Posts: 20
    TTX PRO wrote:

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!.Nasty.Geting into debt over a felt f85.No thanks.Debt over a Felt F1 carbon.Yes please

I should probably clarify it'd be debt that I could clear with my next pay cheque, or maybe two, but not properly in debt