Home Chat General Chat

PLANET X DURA ACE or QUINTANA ROO ULTEGRA ??? HELP !!

Hi

Thanks for your previous suggestions, however, change of plan !

I've now decided £3400.00 is too much to spend on a bike so I've ruled out the Quintana Roo Dura Ace.

I now need to decide between the Planet x Pro Carbon Dura Ace at £1999.99 or the Quintana Roo CD.01 Ultegra in black and Green at £1999.99
I love the look of the Roo however will I be getting more for my money buying the P. X as it has the Dura Ace mechs etc ??
also not sure if the Q. Roo is enough of an upgrade from my current BeOne Team Leontien Ladies Road Bike.....

At a push I would go for the P. x Exocet which is in the sale at the moment at £2300.00 but I need to draw the line somewhere !

I race in Sprint Triathlons......

Any thoughts on the best bike out of these would be fab....

Thanks again

Claire

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Claire
    Any of those would be a decent upgrade

If you do a search there is opinion that the difference between Ultegra and DA is hardly worth the expense.

The PX Exocet has SRAM Force which is the the bling carbonised version of the SRAM Rival (I have had Rival for 4 yrs now) Some opinions mooted are that Force sits just below DA, Rival just below Ultegra

Here is a review ofc the Roo
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 1-11-45335
  • Exocet 2 has very thin paint work and I am having trouble with a loose bb30 chain set fsa slk,lite. not suite if there is a problem with fame but will check tomorrow to see what they are going to do about it.
  • dura ace, full carbon...award winning, properly dfesigned, tested and built frame....felt b12, or the new da4 for 2800.
    Felt B12 - good call, as is DA4, might of mine has a 2009 DA and goes like stink on it
  • forrester76forrester76 Posts: 10
    Thank you, Felt B12 and DA4 both look like very good bikes, I've done a bit more research and I think the carbon frames are of a higher standard that Planet X.......
    I love the rims on the Planet X though although I could upgrade wheels on B12....
    PX having a sale on wheels at the moment
  • forrester76forrester76 Posts: 10
    Thank you, I think I'm going to go for the Felt B12 and upgrade the wheels using the money I've saved !
    Have seen the B12 advertised for £1700 which is great I'll have a look at the Planet X website.
    Will only have around £850 for wheels though any thoughts on which ones to go for would be good thanks as I know £850 isn't a great amount, they all seem soooo expensive !
    Cheers
  • Just bought a Felt DA4 2012 from LBS for £2200, can't wait to get it !!

I'm probably going to get Look Keo Blade pedals but I've always used Shimano. How good are the Look pedals ??
    Are they easy to clip in and out of ??

Thanks
  • pzychotropicmac wrote:
    dura ace, full carbon...award winning, properly dfesigned, tested and built frame....felt b12, or the new da4 for 2800.
    Just bought the DA4 for 2200 Very pleased, can't wait to get it ! Also from LBS which is a bonus !
    Thanks
    Excellent news, v good price

I use Look Keo pedals, have no probs with them, gor them at knockdown price