Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    nah more that I am under doing it probably...
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    maybe i should consider a bit more recovery time ...

doing my first wetsuit swim tomorrow .. should be interesting (hopefully it will make positive diffrence to my crawl) failing that I will certainly grab a bit of attention with all the oldies in for the morninig swim ...

mad
    good luck with that...I am not sure i'd have the bottle for it..

but I guess I'll have to do it some time or go straight into a lake / river
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Let us know whether the wetsuit helps your swim [:D]and whether it improves your attractiveness to the opposite sex!

This mornings swim

200 FC warm up

1x200

2x100

4x50

2x100

1x200

on 20 secs rest

4x75 sprints on 1 minute rest

200 swim down

Tuesday i was swimming and did a timed 400m at the beginning of the session - 7:38, an improvement of 10 secs in 7 weeks not too bad.

dAvid

swim !!!

used my wetsuit for 1st time .. omfg !!!!!!!! torpedo stuff nearly 15 seconds a length faster

about 50 x 25m crawl - with 3 x 350m as sets (breathing every 2nd or 4th stroke)

10 x 25 breast stroke

although makes bouyancy so much easier - its another adaption to to take on - breathing and reach somewhat marginalised with suit on especialy right sided- hoping this will ease)

gave me increased confidence about open water swims esp at distances over sprint.

madnurse (phil) .. i will be the fish !!!!!!!!!!!
    That's encouraging, i am working up to an oly for next year and to know that my swim is going to be that much easier is a great bonus. This year i will just stick to the shorter distances, next Sunday is the first, then we'll see hopefully 3 or so more this season.

David
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Feeling quite lazy today but still managed a 1 hour run at a steady pace the weather made it impossible not to go out and run !!
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    Hi everyone - Happy Easter

Have just come back from a few days away and unlike loony (am teasing here by the way) managed to get loads of training in. Thursday - rowing 2200 m in 10.28 mins ran for 12 mins (just could not handle it) so got on the cross trainer for 55 mins and then did some weights.

Friday ..... soo was going to go swimming .. but didn't instead did

another 2200 row

55 mins run at 11.7 km/h - about 10.km

and some more weights

today did bike - 25km (it took me an hour which is strange coz at my gym I can only do about 18km in 1hour) then did a run for about 25 mins at 12.1 km/ph and more weights - different stuff obviously

Feel soo bad about the swimming - just finding it really hard to get the motivation. Also feeling bad as have eaten so much over the past few days that have probably put on a stone - my skinny jeans are no longer that skinny!

Have booked the tri training camp in Sivota - so really hoping to get my swimming in then - will also be a chance to practice in a wet suit.

JOjo

3.5m run this afternoon in the rain, love it[8D]

the injury is not holding my training back now.

Sunday xpcting to go out for a long ride and then Monday, swim and brick training.

I must try to get the transitions together.

Really looking forward to next weekend

David
    yesterday - bike

60km bike with tri club - good training session with a few big hills thrown in ... stopped at one point (someone had a blowout) found a tenner in a ditch (who say triathlon doesn't pay) - getting grief with posterior knee pain (hoping dropping my saddle 1/2 inch will remedy this).

5 mile walk in attempt to ease out knees

today - another wetsuit swim !!

100m w/up

6 x 250m - 80% max, 2 mins recovery (alternating each 250m set crawl & breast stroke)

100m w/down

then chilled in sauna

madnurse (I am the eel - albeit a rubber incased one) [:D][:D]
    Yesterday 65km bike including as many hills as i could stand (or climb)[;)] then the fiance decided she wanted a run & walk but wanted me to go too. So 6km later with no walk in sight[&:]

This morning cycled to the pool and then 30 mins doing 50s and 100s. only 4m bike ride each way but i didin't appreciate the ride home into the wind.

Back to work tomorrow yippee[:(]

David

PS: and then she comes home from work today afte i've been painting for 5 hours and says "let's go for a walk" 5 miles later[:@][:D]
    Guess whose back!!

Today - run

50minutes

first 30 in zones 2 and 3

last 20 in zone 4

I am jealous(also teasing here) about the amount of training everybodies been doing...nice break I had now the real graft begins before stratford..

WEll while you are slogging away i am now into my first taper[:D] Sunday is the big day, only a sprint but still. Looking at the entries, if you arrange them on age then i am 90/130: getting old.[:@] lets see how many places i can grab back[8D]

THis week is all about cleaning the bike and setting everything up so that Sunday is a breeze. just hope there's not too much of that either.[:)]

David
    good luck on Sunday...I reckon you can do about 20 places (i.e. finish in the top half) by then you'll be getting into the "not my first" season athletes so the racing will be tougher

In a 10K i usually finish in the top third, at London last year i was in the top 10% so i won't be pleased with anything less than top 50% on Sunday.[:(] I'm not competitive[:'(] having looked at the results for last year i should be on for about 73 minutes which puts me halfway up the field. They must all be a lot fitter for triathlon than running; no Rhinos[:D]

DAvid

After 40 posts i am still a starting member[:@] where is the justice?
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Hey I am back again, if anybody gives a poop lol.

I had full intentions to have a really good few sessions over the easter holidays. I managed zilch. Apart from a beer session on Saturday night.

So started again. Although I feel doing that has knocked me back a week or so.

So this morning;

Easy Session

300m x Breast @ 80% Pace

300m x Crawl @ 80% Pace

300m x Breast @ 80 Pace

100m x Crawl @ 90% Pace

Got circuit training tonight.

Catcha later, and good luck on Sunday.

Jason
    I think 45 will give us the justice you seek...

Edit - Er apparently it wont - just seen that chis has 45 and is still a starting member

HI David

either you 'super' or you not .. how hard can it be ????? teehee only messing mate ... you'll be fine come Sunday ... if I can manage the swimming bit now you will breeze the lot of it without concern ...

looking forward to hearing how you got on ...

madnurse (phil) [:)]
    Nurse

i'd settle for Junior member at my age that would at least be a compliment, super memebr is i think just a boast![:)]

David

PS Who else is competing this weekend - come on speak up![;)]
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Hey Triharder, I'll be losing my tri virginity this weekend at the Sevenoaks Sprint Tri (400m swim/27km bike and 8km run); starting to feel nervous as I sploged most magnificently over the bank holiday, though I managed to put in a good long run (no HR as I just wanted to try pacing out on my own for a change) and a swim over lunch today. May go to the gym tonight then look at tapering down before the big event.

Does anyone here have any diet advice pre-race?
  • ChrisChris Posts: 17
    I have my first race off the season this weekend.

A Sprint Distance at Peterlee.

Fitness test. Looking to get close to the hour mark. 65mins would be acceptable but looking to go quicker.

Nice one chris...looking at last years results that would put you in the top ten...go for the podium my son...

I take it that is Peterlee near durham

let us all know how it goes

BonusB Make sure you sleep well and early on Friday night as you probably won't on Sat.

Carb loading and hydro loading should be done Thurs/Fri not Sunday.

Saturday night an ordinary meal nothing likely to upset your stomach.

Sunday an early rise so a light breakfast (as normal as possible). drink regularly but don't overdo it, you don't want a wee break on the course.

A sprint race should not require to much in the way of special drinks or munchy bars/gels. perhaps a bike bottle with SIS Go which you can always grab for the run. and a gel pouch if you like for the beginning of the bike. The temperature will not be too hot (unfortunately) and so drinking won't be too big a problem. If you're like me you will have swallowed half the pool anyway.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck

Chris go for it. sub 65 would be a good time i am envious.

David
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Thanks for the info Tri, likewise I tend to take on plenty of fluids in the swim section; at my local pool there's that much cr@p in the water I consider it more of a protein drink....

I'll be suer to let you know how it goes, at the moment I don't even have a clue of what time I'd like to do it in!

Anway to those racing at the weekend, good luck :D
    Swim this am

4*50m + 1min warm up

5*250m + 2min

2 *50m + 30s cool down.

Noticed last time out that I swim mainly with my right arm (the left one just flops about really) so today I tried concentrating on using that left arm more.

Swim session last night including 8 x 100 @ 1:45 with 45 sec rest!! I have been using fins a lot recently and it has given me a need for speed[:)]

They certainly allow you to concentrate on your body position and breathing at race speed through the water without being constantly out of breath. In the last two months my stroke quality has improved, my body position has improved, my stroke rate has gone down and i am going faster for less perceived effort.

Trying hard to resist the temptation to book the next event before i've completed my first

DAvid
    god kind of intervened and made me take a few days off from training .. have been full of snott n stuff (not all pleasant) ... so have been reading up on swim technique - overdosing on lemsip & watching crappy televison.

eventually I couldnt take it any more so went for an easy 4 mile run this evening - got into quickly despite coughing up the odd bit of lung residue - had to force myself only to run the one circuit - grrr hate not training (note to self see ytriguys post on over training - again).

hopefully back at it soon

madnurse (phil) [:'(] [:'(]
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Hi All,

Not been on this thread yet... scared to tell you how little training I've been doing compared to you all... anyway here;s what I've done so far this week

Saturday, climbing wall - someone else said this is way better than the gym and I can't say I disagree, - great for biceps, upper back and triceps... helps the swimming no end

Sunday - 1 3/4 hour bike (about 20 miles) on and off road - was howling a gale along the Caledonian canal on sunday - not fun going into it

Monday - swim - typical bloody bank holiday - kids everywhere dive bombing the lanes - ended up doing sprint sets trying to stay alive - Hunt for Red October had nothing on me...

Tuesday - much needed rest -

Today - Swim - straight into 750m - beat my P.B - yippee - then sets of 200 kick, pull and full stroke and warm down

Cream crackered but happy -

First tri a week on sunday in Wick... cannae wait! [:D][:D][:D]

jazdog
  • Umm, what have I done this week.

Saturday - bike ride from Southampton into the New Forest, about 25 miles very slowly, I really don't do hills (train back - I'm a wimp!)

Sunday - day off

Monday - run about 4 miles

Tuesday - run just under 3 miles followed by club swimming session totalling about 2km mainly technique work.

Wednesday - gym, mile on the treadmill, followed by 3.5 miles on the bike and another mile back on the treadmill, finally 2km on the rowing machine, oh, and some sit-ups (that wetsuit is far too clingy for my liking!)

Actually quite a good week so far for me - only short distances (but I am fairly new to this) but at least managing to drag myself out of the house.