Home Chat General Chat

wrong wetsuit or not?

hi there,newbie so go steady with me,GREAT SITE

brought my 1st ever wetsuit.brought a 2xu t2 wetsuit last september in the sale,tried on in the shop and bloke says it look all ok no problems,great off i go with me 1st wet suit,dancing down the road

anyway it was brought to use this year,at my first event,so got it out last night cause we where going to do me first open water partice swim today,only to find that the labels say its a ladies medium fit,and you guessed it iam a man,shock NO JOKE PLEASE,

Will it be ok to use,or do you think that i should try and return to shop,bearing in mind it was brought over 7months ago.shop is shut on sunday so cant ask

help please

Comments

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    If it fits it fits

Doesn't matter really.

(snigger)
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    If the wetsuit is a perfect fit, then that is the perfect wetsuit for you.
    If it bothers you, go back to the shop, explain the fact and ask if you try the mens similar size on, chances are you will not notice the difference.

TBH, I don't think the fashion police are affiliated to the BTF yet, fit is the key,
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I wouldn't even know how women suits looks different tbh.

The last thing I'm thinking about as I'm about to set off is what your gonna be wearing. Surviving the swim is what's on my mind.

Don't worry about it
  • canadacanada Posts: 14
    thanks for the replys lads,

spoke to the shop today and he said the same,even offered to replace with a male suit,either same make or same as.even after i told him it was brougth back in october and i had no receipt.really helpful guy.

so going to stick with the suit i got as i know it fits well,and dont want to take a chance with a new suit not fitting so well.does help when you live 100 miles apart

just going to get me self a flower hat now,
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Result The guy probably did a fit from sight and confirmed it with a try out. As said before fit is king. Another lesson learned is that the guy was happy to do the swap so keen to retain your business. Good luck with your first race.
  • Its not plastered in pink writing then?
  • canadacanada Posts: 14
    cantdoitbutwilltri wrote:
    Its not plastered in pink writing then?
    it come with a pink flowered hat and red lip stick
  • Red & pink together is SO wrong!
  • MattFittMattFitt Posts: 4
    badboy wrote:
    thanks for the replys lads,

spoke to the shop today and he said the same,even offered to replace with a male suit,either same make or same as.even after i told him it was brougth back in october and i had no receipt.really helpful guy.

so going to stick with the suit i got as i know it fits well,and dont want to take a chance with a new suit not fitting so well.does help when you live 100 miles apart

just going to get me self a flower hat now,
    I think with a flowery hat, some lip stick (hot pink!) and a bundle of bouquets from serenata flowers you might be the prettiest of all flowers! Go for it and please send us a picture of that marvelous combination!
  • jayeffjayeff Posts: 2
    Actor Gerald Anderson and young actress Julia Montes showed their respective homes on the TV magazine program "Rated K," which aired <a href="http://www.teemwatches.com/">Replica Watches</a>

on Sunday. Anderson welcomed the cameras inside his bachelor's pad in Quezon City as well as his house in General Santos City, while Montes showed off a three-storey house she bought in Cainta, Rizal. Rated K, April 22, 2012

Login or register to post comments
  • jayeffjayeff Posts: 2
    Actor Gerald Anderson and young actress Julia Montes showed their respective homes on the TV magazine program "Rated K," which aired <a href="http://www.teemwatches.com/">Replica Watches</a>

on Sunday. Anderson welcomed the cameras inside his bachelor's pad in Quezon City as well as his house in General Santos City, while Montes showedReplica Watches
    off a three-storey house she bought in Cainta, Rizal. Rated K, April 22, 2012Replica Watches

Login or register to post comments
  • stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    I race in a ladies 2xu running gilet as it fits much better than the blokes gilet.
    Just dont tell anyone ;o)
  • If you look at the Foor wetsuits (Tri UK) you can see that they're sold as unisex - I expect most suits are cut the same like this, but other manufacturers probably offer a 'women's range' to offer a greater range of sizes.

To be honest though, if it was me, it would bug me if i felt any discomfort in the suit whether it was to do with that or not. Make sure you're comfortable in the suit and if you are cut the label out and forget about it.

If not 100% comfortable, take it back and exchange it.