Home Chat General Chat

Open water swims North west.

I live in Stalybridge, Cheshire and looking for a list of where and when there are open water swim sessions. Also any local Tri clubs in the area. Seems the nearest is Manchester Tri club, where most of there training sessions are south Manchester based, a bit to far for me to get to after work.
Maybe best to get a few more local Triathlon enthusiast to set up our own little club.

Cheers for looking, Wayne.

Comments

• sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    Plodderman wrote:
    I live in Stalybridge, Cheshire and looking for a list of where and when there are open water swim sessions. Also any local Tri clubs in the area. Seems the nearest is Manchester Tri club, where most of there training sessions are south Manchester based, a bit to far for me to get to after work.
    Maybe best to get a few more local Triathlon enthusiast to set up our own little club.

Cheers for looking, Wayne.
    Check out the best tri club in the world (probably) - bcttt.com - members throughout the UK (well, the world really!).
    It might just be what you're looking for - plus I'm fairly sure we have members in Manchester who might be able to answer your question for local support.
  • I'll second that but without the probably

I'm in Liverpool myself and there's definitely a few members nearby. Look forward to seeing you on there
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    Lead Balloon wrote:
    I'll second that but without the probably

I'm in Liverpool myself and there's definitely a few members nearby. Look forward to seeing you on there
    I agree the probably shouldn't be there
    I wouldn't have any other tri team on my kit. Ever.
  • You can swim open water at Salford Quays on a Monday night and Saturday morning. Also at Boundary Water Park on Thursday night and Sunday afternoon. More details here:

http://www.uswimopenwater.com/
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 52
    New mills leisure centre in high peak and its 8.3 miles.