Home Chat General Chat

Swim Byke avents

Hi, Having played football all my life it has taken its toll on the old knees, but am keen to in a sport with less inpact , can anyone point me in the direction of swim, bike avents. Thanks Jeff

Comments

• I am also looking for swim bike events, due to metal work in my right leg
  • It really is a pain in thr arse getting through customs
  • Go to BRAT website for a swim bike event in September
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    You'll not find many.

Looking at doing tris as relays might be your best bet.
  • Thank for the replys , Have just watched the team relays at home peirpoint in nottingham this was an open avent and was pleasently suprised to see peaple taking part that clearly hadnt trained much, I think i could manage the three mile run
  • Sorry it's bugging me to death

It's events not avents
  • wburnishwburnish Posts: 41
    Doing a tri by relays is the way forward like jack said. I have just come back from racing at the relays with my club who had entered 12 teams, most of which meet club tradition. Tri isnt about the elite is about teh taking part and enjoying it.
  • Ididnt know there are was different formats to the team event , in the one i watched on sat all four team members swam cycled and ran but there is a team event in East Leake at the end of the month each having three members and they will do a diciplin each
  • And by the way , Will whatever your name is sorry for the slip up regarding the spelling but if you havent got anything consructive to say don,t bother
  • Easy tiger

That was constructive was it not ? You won't miss spell it again now ;-)
  • willieverfinish wrote:

That was constructive was it not ? You won't miss spell it again now ;-)
    Please tell me you were being deliberately ironic and didn't accidentally misspell "miss spell".
  • It was a poor attempt at humour yes
  • Hi Jeff

Swim/bike or aquabike events seem few and far between but Tri Spirit Events do one and I think the Little Woody organisers have one also. Sadly both events were last week though! But keep an eye on next year I guess.

Relay is an option or do a triathlon before stopping/walking on the run possibly? Might be worth asking the race organiser.

Have been asked this a few times recently (I have dodgy knees from five-a-side too) so maybe there's a gap in market!

Cheers, Matt (220)
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I'm sure there was an event advertising Swcylces.... yes that was its name for people who could swim and bike but not run..

I'm sure it featured in 220 mag
  • I forgot how much fun this forum could be!

Don't take willieverfinish's post personally Mr Godard. Wait till you meet him, then you can properly dislike him!

Love ya ben x

I guess there's not much call for swim bikes, given that organisers can stick a run on end knowing it would attract more people. Few and far between I'm afraid.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    It is surprising how many people stumble into triathlon after sustaining an injury.

The swim and bike is obviously low impact but a 5k run is generally manageable by most people who have had injuries so Sprint format 400m pool/750m open water swim, 20k bike and 5k run might be the one for you. If a run is definitely out of the question you could get a runner on board and enter as a team.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Oh forgot to add - get some calf guards, great for preventing injury and support if you have any weaknesses.