Home Chat General Chat

Tri Events Web Site and Triathlon England

I'm keen to enter more triathlons next year and would like to start looking at which events to enter and need to find a good web site where they are listed together with the relevant race details - there seem to be a few around but not found one thats any good.
Also, is it worth joining Triathlon England - i cant see that there are many benefits?
Finally, anyone belong to one of the many on-line tri-clubs and if so, are they worth joining.

Thanks as always

Comments

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    I'm keen to enter more triathlons next year and would like to start looking at which events to enter and need to find a good web site where they are listed together with the relevant race details - there seem to be a few around but not found one thats any good.
    the reality is that in October 2012 many organisers will not yet have finalised their 2013 races, so its hardly surprising that next year's events are not available anywhere. You probably won't find much changes about that until about feb 2013.
    Also, is it worth joining Triathlon England - i cant see that there are many benefits?
    I'm not totally au fait with it at the moment but basically the benefits are

* small reduction in race fees
    * some included insurance

err....

that's about it. If you are coaching tri then you have to be a member for insurance AIUI. If you want to race for GB as an AGer you need to be a member.

Otherwise if the insurance suits what YOU need and you'll be entering a few races then you might view it as cost effective.

Oh - if you race abroad, especially France it may make your entry to races easier (that was the case a few years ago anyway. France has some laws about participants needing a doctor's letter but BTF membership may be the equivalent.??)
    Finally, anyone belong to one of the many on-line tri-clubs and if so, are they worth joining.
    depends what you are looking for really from your online tri club experience?

didds
  • The BTF site is slowing being populated with events for rnext year mainly the bigger longer distances ones.

I have joined the BTF, i dont think i get my money back on race licences but you are insured to a point when you train. I think joining is worth while as it does help does other things.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    You can get discounts on BTF membership if you pay by DD and a member of a registered club so for me in terms of insurance pretty much the same as I do about 9 races a year plus as Didds mentioned the extra insurance whilst training and racing. The odd few quid over goes into the pot to finance the other activities so no probs there plus if you want to race Age Group you need to be a member.