Home Chat General Chat

best Tri bike for a short lass

Hi all I was wondering if anyone had any decent recommendations for lady specific Tri bikes for short arses like me - I'm only 5ft tall and currently ride a Bianchi 46cm
Many thanks!
Alice

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Hi Alice, and welcome.

Well as a short arse bloke feel I have to respond. Talking to the girls on this subject most seem to eschew female specific bikes as they reckon that there is a markup.

What you may want to consider is to see a bike fitter to get sized and then complete the fitting post purchase. Some retailers also do proper bike fitting.

Hope that is a start for you
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Since you ride a Bianchi, you obviously are a very discerning bike rider, with Zac on this one, I would visit as many bike shops as you can, and try as many as you can never buy straight away, visit a reputable dealer who does a bike fit, a womens specific bike, may not be right, just because it says womens.

You could try a Bianchi Chrono and stay with the brand, depends on price, etc, fit is everything, well apart from looks,
  • One of my short female friends had a frame custom made and it wasn't much more expensive than buying a medium range branded frame. I am trying to remember the brand, am sure it was Italian and they have a fitting centre and outlet in Great Dunmow, Essex
  • HI all, just to let you know I got myself a Retul bike fit which means I'm mega comfy on my aero bars yippee!
    Looking foward to getting off the turbo and onto the road to see the benefit
    Thanks for your advice everyone
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Excellent news, having a proper fit is the best way of getting sized up with the right bike