Home Chat General Chat

Recovery shakes

I was wondering which shake is the best to use for recovery. I currently use SIS Rego. It is quite expensive for a little bottle so I am also looking for value for money and the best place to buy online. I hope you can all help me.

Thanks

Comments

• Skimmed Milk is as good as recovery shakes. Served me extremely well for IM training last year. There is even a reasonable study on it if you do a Google search using the words - International Journal of Sports Nutrition milk (I tried to put in the web address but this system won't let me)
  • Like you, I found rego quite expensive after a while. As it is basically a protein drink with some sugar in, you could try the post workout shakes the body builders use. As long as you don't start having huge amounts 3 times a day you won't build excessive muscle. Try the MyProtein website. I have one small shake after my early morning run and arms routine, and I certainly haven't bulked up.
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    +1 for MyProtein website.

I make my own recovery drink.

1 pint of milk
    1 bannana
    1 tablespoon honey
    2 scoops MyProtein unflavoured protein powder

mixed in blender.

Yum Yum

Also use MyProtein BCAA powder 5g in water bottle for long rides.
  • Thanks all this is all very good information.
    Thank you all.
  • Nice one bathtub. It's a shame I can't mix this up at work (where my morning run finishes) as it sounds pretty good.
  • I use the ForGoodnessShakes. They are great. You can buy the pre-made or the powders. The powders are excellent. You never get the lumps some powders leave with them. They taste good and I find they really help my recovery. I don't really suffer from DOMS and I'm sure they contribute to that. I have them after a long run, heavy workout or long bike ride. I always have 1 if not 2 after a race.

Highly recommended
  • MartyboyMartyboy Posts: 5
    The recovery drink that works for me is power bar recovery chocolate drink never been sore when using it ,but will defo look into just skimmed milk ,although the choc drink is yum
  • I use Ryno Power as recovery shake! It works really great for me, I use the protein and recovery capsules with amino acids, rynopowereurope
  • Cordell21Cordell21 Posts: 6
    You are taking the appropriate one you should stick to it and should keep taking it,Because what i feel is when it comes to choosing a shakes it depends on your physicality whether you are going to take the good one or not.
    You are taking the appropriate one you should stick to it and should keep taking it,Because what i feel is when it comes to choosing a shakes it depends on your physicality whether you are going to take the good one or not.