Home Chat General Chat

TT Bike

Hi all
I managed to do my first ever Tri on Good Friday and now have the bug for more. Now I'm looking for a TT bike for around £2k, I looked at the Kuota Kharma evo today and liked it as it is dual purpose as the seat post is reversible to give you both road and TT feel, any thoughts on it or thoughts on a decent 2k bike??
Cheers all

Comments

• sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    First off, well done on your first tri! It gets addictive!

I know it's not a kharma, but a good friend of mine from my tri club's selling his tribike (Kuota K-factor), with some decent wheels included for £1500.
    [urlhttp://forum.bcttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8630][/url]
    Depends what size you are though!

However, on another note - Are you sure you want a tri bike?
    I thought I did. And bought a speed concept 7. Which I then swapped for a madone in a matter of weeks.
    Best thing to do is to go and see someone for a bike fit. Check out the options. See how flexible you are and go from there.
    Don't know where in the country you are, but I can highly recommend Mike Taylor at Bridgtown Cycles in Cannock. - It's a 230 mile round trip for me to go there, but well worth it!
    Hope some of that helps....
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    What bike are you riding at the moment? £2k spent on a road bike will see a lot more miles than a tri bike. Also, don't feel you have to wade in and buy some 'free speed' for only your second tri.

How about just sticking some clip-on aero bars onto your roadie and see how you get on?
  • Dont listen to Bopo

Buy the most Expensive bling carbon TT bike you can afford. Don't settle for anything less than £2500.

You know it makes sense
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    willieverfinish wrote:
    Dont listen to Bopo

Buy the most Expensive bling carbon TT bike you can afford. Don't settle for anything less than £2500.

You know it makes sense
    And then stick it on ebay 6 months later ;-)