Home Chat General Chat

New Bike frame size

Hi everyone!
I really want to get involved into triathlon, and after looking for quite a long time, I finally took a decision on the bike I wanted.

The problem is that when I look at the manufacturer "size guide", I am exactly between two frame sizes when considering my height and my legs measurment. (1m75, 80cm)

As it is a road bike, I am wandering if I should go for the 54 or 57 frame (b'twin, triban 5) and which one will give me more flexibility when looking for a more aerodynamic position.

Thanks,

Comments

• Dan684Dan684 Posts: 28
    If you live near to a Decathlon get yourself to the store.

I've seen people there trialling bikes out on the Turbo Trainers and the staff there should be able to give you a better idea of what you need. If nothing else you'll get a feel of the bike yourself.
  • Better still, go to a local bicycle shop where they will put you on lots of bikes and find the best size of frame and set up for you. It's not just about the frame size, but also about the distance from saddle to handlbars, crank length, frame geometry and much more. You can always walk out of a bike shop saying you need to think about it. If you buy the wrong bike at Decathlon, you may end up regretting a hasty decision.