Home Chat General Chat

Time Vs Training

Hi there,

This is my first post on any forum about triathlon so I am hoping to get hooked and really keen on hearing peoples advice.

Currently I have completed 6 Sprint distance triathlons within a range of 1hr 20 - 1h 30mins. I have recently signed up for a Ironman 70.3 race in Weisbaden Germany which is in august next year.

I have a full time job get up at 6.30am and get home at 6.30pm. all of the training programs I have seen for ironman 70.3 races and full distance ironman's are all geared around people that dont have jobs ie. Monday 1.5 hour swim, followed by a 1 hour run, tuesday 3 hour bike ride followed by a 30 minute run. and so on.

I want to complete the race in 5hr 30mins as this will be a solid acheivement for me but I need some guidance for my training?

I think I should be building base fitness at the moment so am doing the following:

Monday:  - 200m warm up - 20x50m, 400m at steady pace - 15 mins of drills

Tuesday: - 5-8k run - easy run

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - Swim - 200 warm up - 800 TT - 15mins of drills 10x50m

Friday - 5k run - fast

Saturday - 2-4 hour bike ride with hills

Sunday - Run if possible but currently none existant

Is this too much for this early at this stage of the year?

Comments

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425

Maybe yes, maybe no. We don't know your training background, strengths or limiters

You need to contact a tri coach and spend a bit of time with them if you really want a truthful answer

HarryD

• yes thats probably a good idea, anyone know any good ones that I can have a chat with ?

I live in the Hinckley Leicestershire area so if anyone knows of any.

• gavinpgavinp Posts: 168

There's a good coach in Northampton... ok, it's me  My website details are below.

There are contact details on there if you are interested.  Happy to have a chat if you like and go from there.