Home Chat General Chat

70.3 Training Plan

i will be doing my first triathlon in August this year, and i am wondering if anyone could give me some links or recommendations of training plans that you have followed and found good, i have got a plan at the moment and have tried it out for a few weeks but i am undecided about it. any help and advice would be great

Comments

• Hey Derek1974,

i was wondering if you could give some feedback on your experience. I am considering doing my first triathlon, but am undecided whether to go for the Olympic distance or the 70.3 version. I'm a little older than you, assuming that the 1974 in your name relates to your birthdate......so I thought some feedback would really help the decision process.

Regards

JP

• gavinpgavinp Posts: 168

Hi

What's your background?  Have you done many races or is this your first?

Generic race plans are a little difficult as they dont take into account your specific needs when it comes to time you can dedicate to training etc and also how can a generic race plan work on your weakneses etc.

Personally, I would get a coach to set you up with a decent training plan (and I'm not just saying that because I am one ).

Hope your training goes well which ever way you decide to go.