Home Chat General Chat

Cancellation of Vachery Triathlon and XTERRA ENGLAND

As a 17 year old aspiring triathlete I was saddened and sickened by the news that The Vachery and XTERRA triathlon organised by brave events have been cancelled due to a "highly vocal anti cycling furore from local politicians and protesters that we experienced last year".

Was I wrong to believe that the Olympics were supposed to "Inspire a Generation". Or was this just a good catch phrase? Shouldn't sport participation be encouraged by local politicians and the general public. After all, the obesity epidemic costs the NHS over £5 billion a year. As well as this, sports like cycling can help to prevent the irreversible climate change that we are currently experiencing. Is it too much for motorists to have their journey disrupted by 2sec just to pass a cyclists? If you, like I, have the same strong view about this topic; then please sign a pro cycling forum such as this one in Surrey. http://www.change.org/petitions/surrey-county-council-interact-and-give-knowledge-to-those-you-represent?share_id=IRMMccfJaB&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Many thanks

Comments