Home Chat Race Chat

Talkback: Xterra England and Vachery cancelled

I'm gutted

Had place in this event. Was to be my big race of the season.

Wish this vocal minority would put there effort in to getting Surrey County Council to repair all the pot holes. Makes cycling on the roads dangerous especially at night.

I live in Surrey and know what poor quality some of the roads are.

Also what about this minority embracing the fact that triathlon is such a positive healthy activity.

Comments

• I'm disapointed that these two races have had to be abandoned because of a few NIMBYs, who seem to be unaware of the support the sport has.

The event was great last year & i was really looking forward to doing XTERRA.
  • Likewise... It was going to be a great family weekend camping and racing for my wife and I and our three kids. All very disappointed. Not to mention the loss of the best part of £200 worth of entry and camping fees. A real shame...
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    I've raced in both the durty Mtb triathlon and the coniston Mtb triathlon both when they were BT National championship events.

Both were fantastic events with great organisation and great courses would both make an ideal event for Exterra UK , not for the faint hearted though.
  • Jamie220Jamie220 Posts: 168

Thanks for your comments everyone, we are still chasing more news on this story, including the possibility that Xterra England may still go ahead. Should have more info by the end of this week...

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Thanks Jamie ,eagerly awaiting your findings,

I read that the xterra owner was looking into the event still going ahead at vachery but with a different organiser, could be very interesting to see how that affects the 300 or so folk that had already entered the original event.
  • Jamie220Jamie220 Posts: 168

Yes that's what we were told by Team Unlimited, which owns the Xterra brand – there's a lot of hard work being done by everyone behind the scenes to ensure that it can go ahead. It seems significant that the event website is still live (though registrations are closed at present).

More soon.