Home Training for a Triathlon

Eating Early

Hi 

Newbie would like to know what to eat at 5.30am before training in the morning, so that i don't feel lightheaded and about to throw up with an empty stomach after training?

Many Thanks

Comments

• gavinpgavinp Posts: 168

Something light, maybe a piece of toast with peanut butter and a coffee.  Then get a nice banana/fruit smoothie for the way home/to work or wait until you get to where youare going and have a decent breakfast.  DONT go for gels.  They may feel like the easy option but will mostly make you feel ill even more on an empty stomach.

Check out the nutrition section (under the Gear tab) for some ideas on good breakfast options.  When you get bored of those there are lots of other places online to find breakfast ideas for athletes.

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425

Many I know eat porridge and a banana. Its oaty/crunchy cereal with milk and a banana for me. With either tea or coffee

We can all tolerate different things so try several and go with what works for you

HarryD

• GumboGumbo Posts: 2

Cheers guys, will try a few things. Many thanks

• HarryD is right its about experimenting, I have porridge or/and Muesli and about 10 cups of coffee  . 

later sessions- full English with a bowl of cereal, but I do get up 2 hours before training