Home Training for a Triathlon

groin strain and abdominal pain

I have a groin strain which I have seen a physio for and I follow the plan he gave me but after 6 weeks it's still painful to run with. I also have a lot of abdominal pain especially if I sneeze, any ideas if the 2 could be connected and how long it will last. I have avoided the Dr because I have my first tri booked and don't want to be told I can't race.

Comments

• Hi Mulley,

Is it worth maybe seeing your physio again? If they've already seen you for this then they'll understand the background and may have some useful advice. Mine is great for anything sports-related.

Hope you get it sorted!

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425

So, you're in pain & even after 6 weeks of treatment you're still in pain. Pain is a sign that something is wrong. Guess what? It's probably not going to heal on its own now is it? And what's more you're not proposing to change a thing. If I was your coach I'd tell you not to be so stupid but as I'm not I won't

Doctors can only advise, they can't ban you from anything & can't restrain you for your own good. Your doctor can get you tested, diagnosed and treated which sounds like what you need. So switch that brain on, book an appointment and get sorted. Listen to their advice on racing and you decide

HarryD

• Point taken, thanks for the kick up the bum Harry d.