Home Chat General Chat

Weekend plans!

So - it's Friday, the sun is shining and this means only one thing... You're probably thinking about what training/racing you're going to get in this weekend.

Me? Planning a 10 mile run tomorrow early, then off to Bath to watch the Rugby (this still counts as sport, kind of..). Then Sunday is an early swim session before heading out for a long bike ride.

What are you all up to? Anyone taking on anything interesting/unusual?! 

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002

sunday swimbling, followed by last longish run before the bath half in the evening. not sure how long or how far i'll go for - some miles over 10. 

i could lie to myself and say i'll get out on saturday for a nice ride, or clamber on the turbo for some structured suffering, but experience tells me i won't. no dedication, that's my problem 

if i manage to crudely outline a season of races at some point this weekend then i think that would be a good thing, otherwise i'll keep putting it off, find out they are full or that i'm too late to start training properly for them. 

• Sounds fun!

"Most disturbing in lycra award" BTW? Won three times? I won't ask...

my proudest moments in triathlon. 

i think if i win it in 2014 i am allowed to keep it. 

• Well. I'd demand photos, but we're not that kind of website...

Good luck with Bath half!

FaRis al-Speedos. 

the horror, the horror. 

as for baff - 1:29:58 or bust. 

• Remember where I work... Men in small, small pants don't scare me. In fact, add a super-sized 1970s-style 'tache and I'd probably think you're a god!

swim was fine. run was meh. 11 miles is over 10 so in some way i have done what i set out to. 

no turbo. no nice ride in the nearly warm weather. rubbish diy and weekly shop instead. booooo.

• I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that, despite what Helen suggested, there are no men in small pants in the 220 office. 

all the men there need giant balloon undies then? all that sitting in front of a computer being sedentary... 

i'm sure helen is important enough to be served only by ripped bronzed men in gold lame hotpants, bringing her the breaking tri news on a silver salver.

• YES ris, this is EXACTLY what should be happening in the 220 offices. I'll mention it in the Monday morning meeting and see what kind of a response I get. Mike - any thoughts?

Well done on the 11-miler. If you can do that the week before, then you'll be fine for next week's half. Once the crowds start cheering there'll be no stopping you  I had a great run this weekend – 10miles round the country lanes. I think the sunshine might have helped though!

i managed baff haff in 1:28:40 something. hurray for that. 

beer is a recognised recovery beverage, right? i hope so!

• Hey ris,

Excellent work on that time - and definitely worth a beer (or two) afterwards! Did you wear disturbing lycra?!

it was raining so i kept my clothes on this time.

maybe next year i might consider wearing 'fancy dress' 

• Epic fail ris. We expect better from you. There was me this weekend, wearing this little lot in front of hundreds of people too....

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030584/uploads/Images/11125.jpg

i've let everyone down...

looks a bit huub-y... was it a good fit and did you buy? 

• I was doing a demo in the Zoggs endless pool with Swim Smooth (who are awesome!) and yes, the wetsuit was Huub.

There were only one or two people watching...

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030584/uploads/Images/11133.jpeg

• Fortune favours the brave, Helen. Some of the tuition for the endless pool guinea pigs at the 220 Triathlon show was outstanding. I saw one female triathlete struggling with her kick have her stroke transformed in a matter of minutes. Shows the value of a decent swim coach - just need to sight properly so the hundreds of onlookers are out of the peripheral vision!

• Hi Tim!

It was amazing actually, really useful and they did a great job of identifying the areas you can improve and then giving you quick ways to rectify them. I was working with Paul Newsome from Swim Smooth, who was just brilliant.

Didn't see you in there by the way. Next year.....?

• Yep, 100 per cent. Just as long as they don't turn on those pesky water jets