Home Chat General Chat

strange running injury!

Just got back to running after a 6 week rest from a hip flexor injury.

Went for a nice easy run on sunday about 5km at an easy pace, everything seemed fine, as i was worried about both the injury returning and the fact i was running in new shoes.

However a few hours afterwards my shoulder started hurting and still aches today, is it possible to strain a shoulder from running?

Cheers

Matt

Comments

• JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    I believe that is a yes. I play rugby and the sprint action from pumping the arms gives tired shoulders.

If I go for a long run I get tired shoulders.

Becuase of the injury, and you being maybe a little apprehensive, you may be running rigid. Not sure. So I am sure once you realise your injury is OK, you may relax a little.

Don't take what I say as gospel, as I am rubbish at running lol. Plus I don't want you suing the ass of me if you found you took my advice, and then you required your am to be removed.

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I agree with Jason that you are probably tense due to your previous injury and may even be running with a different action to usual while you try to protect the injury. Relax, stretch, and concentrate on your form when running.

And again, if your arm does fall off it's not my fault.

Mike

• Matt KMatt K Posts: 16
    Cheers for the advice, although i think my next run may cause some problems as i try desperatley to stop my arms from falling off.

Another run tonight so i'll see how it goes.

Cheers guys