Home Chat General Chat

windsor bike leg

just wondering what the windsor olympic bike leg is like as have signed up for it but at the moment my cycling up hills is nothing short of pathetic so hoping its reasonably flat

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    The bike route is fairly flat, nothing too serious to worry about that's for sure.

David.
  • nickjaywnickjayw Posts: 33
    I agree, its a pretty fast flat course - which is actually 42km rather than the standard 40km. The only problem I had was people drafting me - its pretty crowded at times.
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    I love the Windsor bike course. There's a fantastic downhill stretch in Windsor Great Park just bwefore the end - I got up to 60kph, my fastest ever.

Was it 42k last year? I did the course in 1hr 17 mins which was what I expect to do 40k in, more or less.

I went out a month before the race and was very kindly taken along the route by the Berkshire Tri Squad club who had been hanging around the cafe on the waterfront before setting off. Thanks again, albeit 10 months late.

If anyone wants to do a recce of the course in May (it'll have to be early on a Saturday or Sunday) pls let me know.

• nickjaywnickjayw Posts: 33
    Definitely 42km. Its even stated in the event details (http://www.humanrace.co.uk/windsor/windsorinfo2006.pdf) TREK BIKE 42km / 29km.
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    fantastic, I'm quicker than I think. I had budgeted 2:45 to 2:50 but came in at 2:53. was a little disappiointed but I was happy enough given the heat. Much happier now!