Home Gear Triathlon Gear

tt bike and aero helmet

Evening team! I am currently riding my old faithful aluminium road bike, ive got a bit of savings and am considering a carbon TT bike and aero helmet. over an Olympic distance what are my time savings likely to be? im currently at about 1:15-20 for the 40k. also im 6'3 and 200 lbs, not sure if that makes a difference.

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002

how much saving they make depends somewhat on how you ride it, how well the bike is fitted, how often you ride it...etc

i'm sure it would make a good difference, but depending on your current training level/intensity you may find you can make just as much gain with a change in training or weight loss.  do you have clip-on bars for your roadie? you'll make a reasonable gain with those for a relatively modest outlay. 

what difference do you want it to make? 

• A bike fit would make a difference for sure, then it will pin down if you can make a better value saving on your current bike than a new one. 

Guru fit, Spesh BG, Newfit or any number of reputable brands exist for fitting - ask your local stores for advice.