Home Chat General Chat

Jodie Simpson

Fantastic result yesterday, following on from a dominant performance in NZ. So very disappointed in 220 leading with an article on Helen Jenkins and very little comment on Jodie, and no pictures or anything in the race reports.

Comments

• Jamie220Jamie220 Posts: 168

Hi nic, yes fantastic result from Jodie, what a race!

Not suite sure which article you are referring to, is it this one:

http://www.220triathlon.com/news/britains-jodie-stimpson-takes-gold-in-wts-cape-town-thriller/8591.html

The article was written and posted before official race photos were made available to the press later that day, hence why it initially carried a picture of Cape Town (replaced with the image of Jodie crossing the finish line once it was available a few hours later)

• I am referring to the 220 april edition where the focus on the news section was all about Helen Jenkins (who i do not have a probelem with) with very, very little given over to Jodie winning by 30 seconds which was a phenominal result given the field.

The general media does seem to focusing on how well Helen is returning but missing to some extent the rise of Jodie after a year or so with Darren. Cape Town reinforces this point.

• Hi Nic,

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate the point you've made and don't worry – we have something very exciting planned with Jodie already for a future issue (she is, indeed phenomenal and deserving of much more coverage!). Watch this space...

All the best,

Helen

• great thx

nic

• I found the recent article on Jodie Stimpson a really disappointing read. It's great to hear about her new setup but I thought it extremely unnecessary for her and Darren to criticize previous coach Michelle Dillon. Michelle has done a lot for the sport, going from a fantastic athlete herself to an even more inspirational coach. She brought jodie from an unknown athlete to a World silver medallist and 220 magazine themselves crowned her coach of the year. Perhaps this is a more accurate read and a fairer tribute to coach Michelle Dillon:

http://www.jodiestimpson.co.uk/jodie-stimpson-triathlete-race_reports.htm

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    TriALittleHarder2 wrote (see)

I found the recent article on Jodie Stimpson a really disappointing read. It's great to hear about her new setup but I thought it extremely unnecessary for her and Darren to criticize previous coach Michelle Dillon. Michelle has done a lot for the sport, going from a fantastic athlete herself to an even more inspirational coach. She brought jodie from an unknown athlete to a World silver medallist and 220 magazine themselves crowned her coach of the year. Perhaps this is a more accurate read and a fairer tribute to coach Michelle Dillon:

http://www.jodiestimpson.co.uk/jodie-stimpson-triathlete-race_reports.htm

I thought the Jodie article was an excellent read.

Fair play to Jodie for realising that "things were just not working" and that she needed to move on, and she did.

Its interesting to read that you have 2 different well respected  coaches ,MD and DS, with seemingly different training methods, judging from Jodie's results Darren Smith has taken Jodie to another level.

It was also interesting to read what top coach Jack Maitland was quoted as saying about Darren Smith

"When Darren was appointed as Scottish coach, my eyes were opened to what a difference a coach can make to an athlete"

Good Luck to Jodie in the forthcoming Commonwealth games and heres hoping for a gold medal.