Home Chat General Chat

When do I enter 2015 events?

Evening all,

My first forum post!

Apologies if I am asking a common question (there doesn't appear to be a search facility within the forums) but when do I know to enter the popular triathlons for 2015?

I am new to the sport, so far taking part in sprint triathlons in Stratford-upon-Avon; Seaford (boo to the swim being cancelled); and have the London triathlon in August.  Definitely have the bug and what to move on to bigger and better things, but I am somewhat confused as to when do I know entries are open for some of the longer distance (Olympic and dare I say middle-distance) in 2015?  I understand that the Outlaw for example is very popular and need to drop on that as soon as entries open, but there are also so many different companies holding these events and as far as I can tell no one-stop shop for 2015 events.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• MacaroneMacarone Posts: 58

The event organisers will most likely have twitter or facebook pages you can follow where they will announce when registration opens for each event. They may also have email subscriptions if you prefer to get updates that way.

• Thanks Macarone. Any ideas if there is a list of organisers anywhere?

• risris Posts: 1,002

you could try the btf website - they have as comprehensive list as any for the various regions. it's not got everything, though. i tend to go to the organisers that i know and check their websites regularly (freebird, dbmax, onstepbeyond etc). they usually release the dates ahead of opening the event up for entrants so you can check for calendar clashes. 

another place to check for races is entry central - they have a list of races they are managing that covers a broad base.

• Excellent Ris, thanks.  Plenty to go on from that post.

• DDTTRIDDTTRI Posts: 21

The more popular the event the quicker it sells out! Windsor for instance sells out super quick!