Home Gear Triathlon Gear

Wheel upgrade

Any advice on best wheels to upgrade to for a Cervelo P2 much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002

depends, what do you currently have, and is there a budget?

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425

Current wheels?

• Current wheels are the standard ones that came with the bike - Shimano R501.  Budget £500 but I guess now is the time for deals so a base budget could be more. Thanks

• risris Posts: 1,002

in wheel terms £500 is a good starting place, but doesn't go all that far. you might be able to get some second hand mavic cosmics for that, but are unlikely to find new ones. 

if you are after shop purchase then you might be in the range for some entry carbon tub wheels or alu-rims with carbon fairing. planet x, fuerto bici and others do that sort of wheel for £400 or so, leaving you with something to spend on tyres (worth budgeting £50-60 for decent rubber). 

if you aren't interested with deep sections then you can get some good standard depth rims - mavic kyrsium, american classic 420 etc. 

• Thanks Ris....something to get started with..

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425

How about Campagnolo Shamals? Can pick up a pair for around £600. Replaced my Mavic Ksyrium Elites (after lots of free-hub trouble) with a set and no going back. I've found them to be pretty quick

HarryD

• try these.. £500, 50mm deep, carbon/alloy and good weight

http://www.merlincycles.com/campagnolo-bullet-50-carbon-clincher-wheelset-70915.html