Home Chat General Chat

Talkback: Gallery: Ironman Wales 2014

It's was an absolutely amazing race with the best spectators in the world, they really did keep cheering for us from start to finish. a race I'll definitely be coming back to do again !!

Comments

• After having article posted on here on why I'm doing ironman wales and photo of me and my son , I was well chuffed! But this was soon shattered ,three days befor the big day I was on last training cycle and was hospitalized due to tractor pulling out onto cycle path ,I had badly cut knee and swelling ,also injured neck and bad bruising to head and face! After ct scans were all clear thank god I was released from hospital being told I will get worse over next 5 days due to bruising ect and muscle soreness and to forget about ironman wales.

After a year's intense training and raising nearly 3000 pounds for Macmillan I was in tears.

Due to having great training buds , (carl Scott) below and others and a very understanding/supportive wife , I was persuaded to still have a go even with all injuries (knee swelling,cuts , neck) !

I would like to thank them all , although I was in a very very dark place for 14 hours and having freaky swell/tides to give roughest sea swim this year ! it was the best/toughest experience of my life! And so happy all money raised can be collected due to finishing.

Can't wait for next time and have a go fully fit !

Thanks to all training buddies and my lovely wife .

This was for you dad xx you were with me all the way x
  • My first Ironman and what an amazing experience.

The support from the locals was fantastic. I felt like a hero all the way round, especially after surviving the biggest waves I've ever swum in!!

Special thanks goes to the lady playing the superman theme on a trombone during the climb on the run, really helped keep me going.

I cant recommend this event enough, really, really tough but well worth it!