Home Chat General Chat

Talkback: Gallery: Hever Castle Triathlon

George and Ella might be upset at you shortening the super sprint swim by 200m. Mind you the rest of us would have been happy if you had done it on the day! The water was bracing.

Comments

• Hever castle was a fantastically well organised event, from the race briefing, the marshalling to the cadets who were full of encouragement on a tough run. The bike offered several mini inclines which were testing on lap 1, and punishing on lap 2! Can't honestly say I enjoyed the run, but it was a great test of determination. Can't wait to return next year.
  • Thanks for the heads-up Keith, now corrected
  • SpookSpook Posts: 2
    Great event but charging spectators £7:50 entry fee so that they can support their children and grandchildren was a disgrace and leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Henry VIII must have thought so too because he wasn't doing his normal starting duties.
  • Andrew4Andrew4 Posts: 190

I can't speak highly enough for the quality of staff and marshalling but to have bike in and out being a very narrow gravel track is sub-optimal. Makes getting into your shoes on the go precarious (at best) and left me dreading a puncture all the way round.