Home Chat General Chat

OOOOOhhhhh Betty, I don't have a number belt thingy

I am taking part in my first triathlon tomorrow (Mallory Park, Leics, sprint distance) I have just realised I don't have a number belt. Is this going to be a problem. I was planning on pinning my number to the shirt I will be cycling / running in. However not so keen to start putting holes in my wetsuit. I am unlikely to get hold of one now before the event given that it is Sunday and tomorrow is Bank Holiday. Also since this is a small triathlon I think it is unlikely that I will be able to get hold of one at the event. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Jeremy

Comments

• mike_trimike_tri Posts: 60
    It doesn't matter you can just pin your number to your shirt as you don't have to have it on your wetsuit, you may have to have a number on your wetsuit i'm not sure though coz i've only done pool races, maybe your number written ontop of your swim hat or something like that.

That should help

mike
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Hi,your swim hat may have a number on it but you do not (I have never come across an open water swim where numbers have to be worn on the outside of a wetsuit) have to show numbers on the outer surface of your wetsuit.If you are not to bothered about riding in a wet shirt ,wear the shirt with your number on under the wetsuit as it is a real b##g#r putting on a shirt if you are wet.Alternately find a small piece of elastic and use that just make sure it is tied securely.Or the race may have a couple of sports equipment stores at the event where you can purchase one.All the best for the race.
  • Jeremy33Jeremy33 Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot gents, have since spoken to a friend who said much the same thing.