Home Gear Triathlon Gear

Opinions on Planet X Deep rim wheels

I'm looking for a set of race wheels for next season, and came across what seem like some really good deals by Planet X.

Their wheels seem to be very reasonably priced compared to other deep rim wheels, and this appeals to me as I am a student on a rather tight budget.

I wanted to know if people rate Planet X's wheels, or if the reason they are cheap is because they are actually just low quality?

Alternatively, does anyone know any other brands that do good quality deep rim wheels for under £500 per set?

Thanks, all feedback is welcome!

Comments

• I have used PX wheels for the last 3 seasons ,first 2 yrs PX Guru 50mms and this year 82/101s and I have found them to be excellent and would recommend them to any one

• Try a proper set of wheels. PX ones are hilariously flexy (having used them and seen the damage they cause to seat and chain stays due to their flex). Get a proper set of wheels, possibly less deep but certainly stronger and probably lighter...Mavic Cosmic Elites are a good bet. 

• I had a pair of Planet X Pro 50s and they were fantastic wheels - one of the best pairs I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, and for the money they are brilliant.

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425

Same here Rob, have had a pair for a few years now, as have many of my mates, with trouble free improved performances. A good value investment

Mavics, however, never again with their Chewbacca free hubs