Home Chat Race Chat

Hilly bike flat run olympic

Am looking for an Olympic race I haven't done before for the second half of the next year.  Ideally a scenic lake swim, hilly bike and flat run.  Any ideas?

Comments

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425

Kevin, have a look at Windermere Tri. Swim is across the lake to Crow Holm island and back. Bike round the lake is hilly (650m total ascent) rather than mountainous. The run is 5 laps round the local parks with about 10m of climb per lap but don't expect a PB. Stunningly scenic all the way

Alternatively St Mary's Loch in the Scottish Borders. Swim in the Loch set in a deep valley. Bike is towards Moffat crossing from one watershed to another then back. Each climb being around 90-100m so challenging if not killers. The run is more of a trail run along a flattish bit of the Southern Upland way & back. Again no PB on the run but a very scenic race in the hills

HarryD

• Thanks - they both look like interesting options - will have a look

• Bala has a scenic lake, the bike is more undulating than hilly but again through nice scenery, and the run is flat + it's held in September each year.

• Hever castle has a undulating bike course, and a lumpy run. but its a trail run so no slogging away, you'll need to think were your feel go in places (30-40% of run course)

• I did Hever this year; it is a great race and I really enjoyed it.  Bike course was perfect for me.  Swim is quite scenic - though the lake was pretty murky!  And as you say there are a few lumps in the run.

• If the Bass Tri is on (previously Tri Hard possibly now Tri-Lakeland) that is an excellent course.  Swim very like Bala, pretty flat bike and a run with one hill. It's a lovely race. I've done it 4 times now I think!