Home Chat Race Chat

Chichester triathlon bike leg

I'm pondering doing this event in July and decided to research the cycle leg as I'm not wholly familiar with the entire route but had a vague idea of where it would go. Having done that I'm more than a little concerned that having traced the appalling PDF map on offer that the bike route is some 4km longer than stated - 34km against 30km? Has anyone completed this event this and can they confirm the distance please? - I can understand a small discrepancy but over 10%?!?

Comments

• I might go out on my bike on Thursday or Friday and measure it on my Garmin for you. Maybe it's a 2k transition?  Lol

• Let me know! I can't see how the disparity has arisen as I traced the route as best I can using Mapometer (which as far as I understand uses Google Maps and should therefore be pretty accurate) and overlaid a screenshot of that on the PDF from the organisers. No errors as far as I could make out...

• MazMaz Posts: 12

Hi there

the sprint or try a tri route is a little over 20 miles and a good value TT type course. Do not do this course if you want a light hearted 'easy' sprint. You won't get that. Have a look at the last 3 years results and you'll see where the winners are finishing. 

Have fun. ????