Home Chat General Chat

Foot injury. Morton's neuroma?

Hi,

I'm looking for advice to do with a current injury I am suffering from...

I've been running for about 3 years now and only this past season got into triathlon. About 3-4 months after buying new running shoes I started to get a discomfort, which turned into pain, down my big toe on my right foot. I'm not sure if this is to do with the new shoes, but now after continuing to train with the discomfort it has now got to a point where I can't run without it causing pain. I first thought it may have been a stress fracture in my big toe, but now it feels more like a tingling sensation on impact of my heel. After reading up i'm convinced it's Morton's Neuroma (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/mortonsneuroma/Pages/Introduction.aspx) but just not where it is most commonly found.

I don't have the issue from just walking, but after aggravating it from running, it is slightly painful walking for a few days after. I've tried to stay away from running for 4-6 weeks but it returns straight away when running again.

I have no discomfort with swimming or cycling, it is just the impact of running.

Has anyone else suffered from this, or anything similar? Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Go and get it looked at as soon as possible.

I delayed seeing a doctor for 12 weeks. I was referred to a podiatrist who gave me an adapted insole. I was walking without limping the following day!