Home Chat General Chat

Clicking noise

Hi all! Just a quick question for anyone with a giant bike! I have an OCR2 which i have had for about two years. Recently i have noticed a clicking noise when steering sharply. I have just had the bike serviced and they said they think the noise is the bearings. They couldnt do anything about this because you need a special "giant" tool. (sounds rude!). Has anyone else had this problem? If so how much did it cost to get sorted? It still rides well at the moment but i dont want to damage the bike or myself! Im due to race at Stratford on the weekend. If anyone is in Birmingham can you recommend somewhere to get it sorted? Many thanks!

Comments

• PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    My knees, hips and ankles always make clicking noises. I thought this is what the thread would be about :)
  • wheelworxwheelworx Posts: 6
    You dont need a "Giant" tool, you just need someone who knows how to remove and replace the bearings, these might have to be ordered but most mid-top end bike shops should have them in stock. I would recommend getting a mechanic who knows something about road bikes.

Rob
  • jimhop51jimhop51 Posts: 22
    Fair one, the guy who serviced it didnt seem to be very switched on! he said my pedals looked nice!
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    I would take it to another shop. I've had 4 Giant bikes over the years and any problems have been fixed by my local shop (nowhere near Birmingham). Just make sure it isn't something really simple, my OCR3 was making loads of noise when I was steering and thought it might be the bearings. I just needed some grease on the brake cables [&:].
  • KarlOnSeaKarlOnSea Posts: 28
    Hi Jim -

My new SCR LTD does the same thing, but only when I turn the wheel to the left. Like Boycie says, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the brake cables though.

See you in Stratford on Sunday - I'll be the guy drinking the entire contents of the pool, so that I can then walk all the way to T1 . . .

KarlOnSea.
  • AndyAAndyA Posts: 14
    I've got an OCR2 and i cant think which bearings they mean?

There's nothing on my bike that needs a giant specific tool

Sound like a crap bike shop!!