Home Chat General Chat

Big decision

Hi All,

I am currently a masters student studying in London, due to finish in September. 

Ever since my first triathlon last year I have been hooked and now aim to train all three disciplines over about 10+ sessions in the week along side studies. But I am getting tired of the UK weather. I am thinking about moving abroad to live and train. First triathlon was a 2hour 30mins time, which is not bad considering my fitness levels then which were non existent. 

I am now predicting a time far closer to 2 hours for Olympic distance on a training schedule which is frankly a bit of a mess, but I am thinking how good could I be if I just trained solidly and did not have to think about everything else....

Predictions based on

sub 20minute 1500(capable of)

Current bike 1hour 15 mins (entry level 11.5kg bike, new 8kg bike being ordered, should be far quicker than current bike which has no end of issues that make it slow e.g incorrect size, new time expected closer to 1 hour 5mins)

Run 36-38mins (10km)

Total - 2 hours 12 mins (worst) / 2 hours (best)

As a result I am thinking of finishing my studies and then moving abroad to train through the winter and smashing next season. What do people think? I would love to hear of some location suggestions, some ways to finance this period of my life that won't take up all my time, and anything else anyone has to say?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• pauloscazpauloscaz Posts: 12

I think I need to sort my own life out before attempting to sort out yours pal......!

• if it doesn't work out just head back home. what's the worst that can happen
  • gavinpgavinp Posts: 168

Why not.  But first you need to find a way of financing this - but then how are you living now?  It'll be the same abroad won't it?  If you find a way, then go for it! It'll be a fantastic life experience as well.

Have fun!