Home Chat General Chat

how do you carbo load when you are gulten intolerant?

Over the last couple of years i have developed a gluten intolerance, as a lover of pasta this has been hard to accept, so my question is, does anyone have any advice on how to carbo load or just generally survive ironman training when your body won't allow you to eat bread / pasta / or anything generally containing wheat ?

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    There are still plenty of carb rich foods to pig out on. Lots of grains contain some of the best carbs, like rice (whole grain), couscous, buckwheat and barley. Potatoes are good, including sweet potato.

If you refer to carb loading as the practice of cutting them out before gorging yourself on them before a race, beware. It is a frowned upon method these days.

David.
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    There are so many options now for you to stay wheat free...corn pasta...lentils...quinoa to name but a few. Even the supermarket chains are cashing in on it. Ask at your local health food shop too.

Although Im not intolerant to wheat I do try and avoid it...and as boycie was saying potatoes as well, however sweet potato (yams) are a much healthier option.