Home Chat General Chat

does this ring a bell with anyone yet ??

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    So how many of you have started to shave your legs then? (including the women)

Do any of you feel like me that this is just slightly too real?

David
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    waxing doesnt count then eh David ???
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I thought about it but in all honesty thought I rushing the whole relationship and decided me and Tri should slow things down... You now, let the relationship take its natural path.

In all honesty for the hassle etc I really dont think at my level shaved legs will make much of a difference (unless it is to do with gravel rash rather than speed)?
    WE were discussing the merits and validity of smooth legs at 4am the other evening!after a few bottles of Port. i'm not sure what the final decision was but it felt terrible the next morning.

I have resisted the urge so far and my fiance thinks i'm mad anyway so i think i'll wait 'til the olympic distance beckons.

DAvid
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    its gotta be about gravel rash at my level...I am not sure the speed I go at "hair drag" is a major limiter on the bike or in the pool

• fatmattfatmatt Posts: 145
    i was thinking of shaving my pins, but just thought i'd rather get rid of a stone of lard i've got round my middle, that should speed me up.

fatmatt
    If I shaved my belly I reckon i'd loose a stone (at least that is what my wife will have you belive)
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    Oh my god I'm a triathlete. However I do think you need to get out more madnurse.
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    This is all a bit too scary...

go on then... who's actually had a waxing done... I had my back done at the start of the year as I didn't want to upset the blue rinse set in the pool...[;)] OMFG never again will I remove hair from my body without using a razor!!!!![&:]
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    See I was thinking of trying that foam stuff you spray on and it dissolves the hair.

But, and I mean this seriously. Where do you draw a line? ;)
  • rebborebbo Posts: 58
    I'm with loonytoon - at my novice speed, it can't make any difference (although I hear it's partly for gravel rash too.) A tri colleague of mine was thinking about shaving his legs until his wife told him that 'only one of us is shaving their legs. You choose.'
    Rebbo - I got a similar reply, "If you shave your legs i'll not marry you after all."

I'm considering what competing would be like without meals prepared for me whenever i am around to eat, and the other support.

David
    but if you cook yourself - you get to eat as much as you need in relation to your trainng & then never have to do washing up or tifying away ... think of it as division of labour ... & besides it means you can have girly nights in doing each others legs

then again you could always:

Affordable Laser Hair Removal for Men

Imagine never having to shave or wax again

[image]http://www.gentletouchlaser.com/images/male_nohair_photo.jpg[/image]

[ul][*]Are you bothered or embarrassed by your unwanted hair?

[*]Do you wish you could show off your body?

[*]Do guys in the locker room make fun of you, ex: “get rid of that sweater?”

[*]Are your muscles hidden under spools of hair?

[*]Have you ever irritated your partner with your stubble?

[*]Wouldn’t it be GREAT if you never had to shave, wax or use chemical depilatories again?

[*]Men have you ever been called Sasquatch, the Human Brillo Pad or Cousin It? [/ul]

If you answered yes, Mankind’s oldest cosmetic problem of unwanted body hair has been solved! Affordable Laser Hair Removal is the answer. Smooth, sexy stubble free skin is just a phone call away. Get rid of your unwanted hair permanently.

Call Now to schedule your FREE consultation 1-877-NOHAIR-3 with a 3 Year Guarantee in writing 0% (Interest Free) FINANCING available.

I wonder if they do a tri package at 0% bike wetsuit & hair

madnurse (phil)

(i need to get back out on the ward a bit more)
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    Hi Phil

Personally I think you should check yourself into the ward ...... but your posts have made me laugh

re the waxing .... never heard such wimps!!! The pain goes the more you have it! I promise

Jojo
    Thats wot my wife says but then why does she do it so infrequently?[:(]

• For all you guys out there, waxing really won't hurt! (Evil Grin!) Of course, if you want to wimp out and shave...

And yes, my idea of a perfect date is putting on my ultra sexy running tights (you know, the faded greyish ones with the split in the seam on the inner thigh), grabbing an unironed half marathon t-shirt from 2002 and going to find some mud to splash through, finishing off with a nice sweaty blotchy red face, sitting in a pub garden. Ah, heaven. And who says love is blind?
    Bollocks

as we have ruled speed increases as a reason for removing years of growth it has to come down to pain...is gravel rash more or less painful and how often do we get it

There is always one of these sorry wrong link I ment one of these same thing though?

• 3speed3speed Posts: 16
    blinking 'eck phill,

looks like all that trainings paying - fancy putting a pic of yourself on the forum!!!!!
    what ??? put a pic of me online and the net will crash in seconds ... besides thats a pic of my mum

man yo mumma is butch
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Must be the lack of oxygen to the brain... been diverted to quads, delts, etc too much... you lot are all completely crackers!

Fair made me laugh tho! [:D][:D][:D]