Home Chat Race Chat

doing more them one tri in a week

david01david01 Posts: 17
i am doing the thames turbo tri on bank hoilday and now been asked to do the royal navy tri on the wednesday this will only be my thrid tri do you think this is to much in one week ?

Comments

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Hi David, depends on what distance they are, your current fitness levels & what you expect to get out of them. I did a sprint distance tri two Sundays ago, followed by a balls out 10k race on the Weds & an almost Oly distance tri the following Sunday. The Oly tri didn't go as well as I'd hoped , but I think I was getting a bit tired by then!
  • ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    It 's a bit stupid alright but you 'll have a steep learning curve!
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    Maybe it's too much or maybe you can handle it. You probably won't know until you try it and you see how ready you are after the first race. Just please listen to your body and don't try to race on top of an injury or you may risk taking yourself out of action for a good long while. Be prepared to pull out of the second tri, and don't be embarrrassed if you have to pull out - not many of us would be able to do two races that close together. After the first race, get some sports massage, stay massively hydrated, get lots and lots of sleep. And let us know how it goes.