Home Chat General Chat

London Tri : Too late to start training ?

Due to a move from London to Prague, my hopes of starting training in Jan for my 1st Triathlon ( London Tri ) went out the window. I started training last week ( they just opened a gym across the street ). I generally regain fitness reasonably well ( for a 35 yo )

Question 1 : For an Olympic distance attempt at the London Tri, and giving it 100% between now and then, is it realistic to expect a finish ( never mind last place ! ) ?

Question 2 : Would anyone have a training plan that might allow me to accomplish this in the training time available ?

Many thanks in advance for your help. I would so love to be able to compete in this, but don't want to set an unrealistic goal

Regards

Damian

Comments

• As long as you know how to swim and you're healthy then you should be OK - you may not set your best possible time but that just gives you an incentive to do it again next year!

I have an 8 week training programme which was sent out by the London Triathlon last year. Let me know your e-mail address and I'll send it through.

Good luck

Mike

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I think it is realistic to expect to finish with the time you have available to train. Just be careful that in giving it 100% you don't over do it. Build up slowly and make sure you give your body enough time to recover and get the benefits from your efforts.

Mike