Home Chat General Chat

nurtion

The number of calories you need will not be the same for everyone. So just because you are doing the number of sessions you said doesn't mean you need 4000 calories. It will depend on your size, your metabolic rate, the length of the sessions etc. If you were 1000 calories a day short of what you needed I expect you would be losing weight, are you?

Try and avoid using powders and drinks just to add extra calories. It is better to eat proper food which is more likely to contain all the nutriants you need as well as the calories.

Why do you think you need the extra calories? Is it just because you are tired in the evenings? That could be due to a number of things - lots of training, not enough sleep, etc.

Mike

Comments

• david01david01 Posts: 17
    speaking to a freind who into nuriton he told me that i was wasnt eating anthor food. But if been eating up to 3000 kcal a day he work out for me i am doing two session a day 5 times a week and once at the week i have to it up to 4000 cal to get the best out of my training and to stop feeling so tired at the end of the day. I thought it wasnt possible to eat this much in a day and be the right stuff if any one got any ideas of what i can eat apart from eating bigger meals or drinking more carbs but they that getting boring so if any one got anyideas of what i can eat and be fun please let me know

thanks

• tomroomtomroom Posts: 33
    If you are 1000 calories short a day you would be loosing weight at the rate of about 1kg a week (weigh yourself same day once a week to keep track) If this isn't happening I would think the problem is your recovery as well as possible the quality of your food but not the quantity. Beware of falling into the trap of thinking the inability to perform in a session is down to lack of energy instead of lack of recovery, if you eat more solely in an attempt to raise yourself for a session you will just end up putting on weight.