Home Chat General Chat

What do you ladies wear?

Hi ladies. Have read the post re Tri gear from Turtle but it's about what the guys are wearing (no offence guys but we have different bits to you). I was wondering what do you ladies wear? An all in one tri suit is one option but what if you don't want to cycle and run in a wet tri suit? I can see that soggy lining causing all sorts of damage. Then I am thinking a one piece standard swimsuit would be Ok with bike shorts (then running shorts) over the top- but what about the seams of the suit digging into the top of thigh area? Ideally one doesn't wear anything under bike shorts. But then nudity is banned in transition.

I guess the swim suit is fine for short distances but what about longer ones?

Advice most appreciated[8|]

Comments

• dumb blondedumb blonde Posts: 35
    Hi

I wear a one piece tri suit with a crop top / sports bra underneath. Not had any chafing when it's wet. Makes transistions quick as well. You can get some tri suits with built in bra support. Hope this helps.

Jane
  • BarbsaramaBarbsarama Posts: 73
    [color=#cc3399]Hi - i'm doing my first Tri this weekend and was planning on this: Under wetsuit wear sports bra (i don't trust those built in ones - last thing i want is to be worried about saggy boobs in the future!), undies and tri shorts (I can't stand the thought of not wearing undies esp as then the sweat will show more!!!) then T1 put on a cycling top and cycling shoes (no socks but i need to practise cycling with no socks first to make sure it isn't too uncomfy) then for T2 put on socks and running shoes and keep tri shorts and everything else on... I dont think you need to go all out and get a tri suit etc until you hit the big time and are doing longer tris but that's just my opinion and i have no experience to base this on until after this coming weekend...[/color]
  • cottontailcottontail Posts: 8
    Hi, I am doing my first tri this weekend, and after trying lots of combinations I have come up with the following: a trisuit, no knickers, and a sports bra. In training this has proved the most comfortable to wear for all three. I did start of wearing seperates, but found the shorts rode up loads on the bike, and the top rode up during the run. I shall be putting socks on after the swim.

Hope that helps!!

Cottontail
  • pigletpiglet Posts: 86
    Thanks ladies. I think I'll try coping without a tri-suit and see how I go. I'll be limping around the run- probably more of a hobble as my knee still not up to running yet.

All the best with your first tris Barbs and cottontail. Let us know how they go.

[:D]
  • dumb blondedumb blonde Posts: 35
    Hi Piglet

Aldi did some cheap tri suits a few weeks back for £9.99. Some stores may still have some in. My boyfriend bought one and it seems ok. They did a womens version.

Jane
    Thanks will look at them.

How was the first tri barbs and cotton tail?? Hope you had a good day[:)]
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Yeah Im curious to know too....how did your first tri's go?

And from a male point of view I think you all look great in any combination of tri suits etc, so lets keep this post running.....lol[8D]
    Cheeky boy[;)]

• BarbsaramaBarbsarama Posts: 73
    [color=#cc3399]Hey! The tri yesterday at Dorney Lake was great! The swim was much harder than i thought, in fact it was horrible but the cycle was great and the run wasn't as bad as i thought. A very hot day. I did better than i had hoped so i am happy [:D][/color]

[color=#cc3399][/color]

[color=#cc3399]And the clothing situation was nice and comfy too![/color]
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Glad you enjoyed it Barbs, but come on.....spill the beans....how were your times!!![&:]
  • razgrazg Posts: 5
    best thing for a women to wear is the wxp from aquasphere! my wife wore it and she said she'll never wear another tri wet suit.

so yea WXP is best.

also on www.swimshop4u.co.uk you can get discounts.
    Well done Barbs. Glad you had a good day- think the swim is the one aspect of tri that everyone seems to find the hardest. Let us know how you get on with others.

[:D]
  • Hi Piglet - sorry for the delay in replying!

First tri was really good. Did it at Dorney Lake near Windsor and I could have pushed a lot harder! I wore the suit from Aldi that someone mentioned and it was really comfy. I did the sprint distance in 1.14.28 which I was really pleased with. I am now training madly for Windosr in just over a week.

Hope you get on well with your first one too!

Cottontail
  • check this out ladies!

http://www.shapewearladies.com/