Home Chat General Chat

Talkback: Leeds lands 2016 ITU World Triathlon Series event

Awesome. Absolutely Awesome. :-)

Comments

• SandmanSandman Posts: 1
    Excellent news. Well done to the team that pushed Leeds for the event. Signed up for updates. Will hopefully get an entry.
  • tomg1tomg1 Posts: 17

This is indeed great news.

@Sandman - can you tell me where you signed up for updates? Also, can you point me in the direction of the criteria for entry? (just out of curiosity in my case!) Thanks in advance

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280

tomg1 wrote (see)

This is indeed great news.

@Sandman - can you tell me where you signed up for updates? Also, can you point me in the direction of the criteria for entry? (just out of curiosity in my case!) Thanks in advance

You can find info here:-
    http://www.britishtriathlon.org/news/leeds-wts-announcement_5587

For the open age group races there is no criteria other than first come first served once the open event entry as opened.

As an example, its the WTS race in Hyde Park this weekend,the elites will be racing Sunday afternoon ,(I think it might be live on TV) There are also open age group races on during the weekend at super sprint (tryit tri) sprint, olympic and relays with 45 wave starts, a good few thousand competitors!, its these events that are open to the public.

There is also  Paratriathlon racing and a Youth and Junior aquathlon so all in all a good weekend of top class racing, which hopefully will be what happens at Leeds next year.